[LITMUS^RT] issue with P-RES

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Mon Feb 24 09:57:23 CET 2020

Hi Laurent,

> On 22. Feb 2020, at 23:23, Laurent Pautet <laurent.pautet at telecom-paristech.fr> wrote:
>
> In the slides, rtspin is not used either. Is rtspin working under P-RES ?

Yes, it is: https://github.com/LITMUS-RT/liblitmus/blob/master/doc/howto-use-resctl.md#launching-rtspin-in-a-reservation

Short: use the -r option to specify the ID of the reservation it should run in.

> How to run realtime tasks that execute for their wcet ?

I don’t understand the question. P-RES allows tasks to execute for their full allocated budget, modulo overheads.

Note that when running in a table-driven reservation, if the task wakes up at “random” times not aligned in time (CLOCK_MONOTONIC) with the slots of the reservation, its execution may very well be split across multiple slots.

Regards,