[LITMUS^RT] information about Locking Protocols

Stephen Tang sytang at cs.unc.edu
Fri Jun 19 22:27:14 CEST 2020

About locking protocols, a plugin constructs new locks by implementing the
allocate_lock plugin function. The behavior of the constructed lock is
defined by a litmus_lock_ops struct (see litmus/locking.h). How these
functions are implemented will depend on your scheduler plugin and whatever
locking protocol you wish to use. It looks like the gsn_edf plugin does all
this for FMLP, so maybe look to that plugin as an example.

For job parameters, there are several macros defined in litmus/litmus.h
(e.g., get_deadline, get_exec_cost) that return this information.