[LITMUS^RT] -S[File] parameter in rtspin command problem

Marov Gazaal adamagaghz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 19:32:00 CEST 2020

 Hello all. I sent a message for using -S[File] command on your mailing
list to use sporadic tasks, and I received a reply from Prof. Brandenburg
and thanks for his efforts. I have read the tool's source code as Prof.
Brandenburg instruct, I programmed a small code on file called
"base_task.c" in LITMUSRT platform and I wrote the following command line(
I attached a picture for the command and other commands):

"# ./rtspin -v -S'bin/base_task.c' -w 10 100 5&" (*)

and the execution gave me a message: (I appeared this in the attached
picture below ):

"reached end-of-file on input event stream"

this message appeared after less than 5 seconds which is the time I assumed
in my task command above (*).

I appeared the chart of the task execution and it showed nothing (I
attached a picture for that too).

My questions are:
is there something fault in using"-S[File] parameter in ./rtspin command?
and why this task ended in less than 5 seconds?

As a note, I used periodic tasks and everything was run correctly.
Excuse me, I know you are experts, and my questions may not strong to reach
to level of your experts because I am a beginner on LITMUSRT.
I appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.

Marouf Ghazal
MSc student - Tishreen University