[LITMUS^RT] -S[File] parameter in rtspin command problem

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Tue Aug 18 00:20:09 CEST 2020

On 17. Aug 2020, at 19:32, Marov Gazaal <adamagaghz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all. I sent a message for using -S[File] command on your mailing list to use sporadic tasks, and I received a reply from Prof. Brandenburg and thanks for his efforts. I have read the tool's source code as Prof. Brandenburg instruct, I programmed a small code on file called "base_task.c" in LITMUSRT platform and I wrote the following command line( I attached a picture for the command and other commands):
>
> "# ./rtspin -v -S'bin/base_task.c' -w 10 100 5&" (*)
>
> and the execution gave me a message: (I appeared this in the attached picture below ):
>
> "reached end-of-file on input event stream"
>
> this message appeared after less than 5 seconds which is the time I assumed in my task command above (*).
>
> I appeared the chart of the task execution and it showed nothing (I attached a picture for that too).
>
> My questions are:
> is there something fault in using"-S[File] parameter in ./rtspin command?
> and why this task ended in less than 5 seconds?

Dear Marov,

the tool is behaving as expected. It does not make sense to feed a file containing C source code to a tool expecting a device file.  I suggest you review the differences between interpreters and compilers, source files and compiled executables, and device files on Unix-like platforms. This is basic knowledge that we cannot help you with here.

Regards,