[LITMUS^RT] specifying arrival tasks and running task using litmus

Marov Gazaal adamagaghz at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 15:28:52 CEST 2020

Hello all. I am trying to build a scheduling algorithm called MLLF
(Modified Least Laxity First). The behavior of This policy is related to
knowing if there is an executing task when another task arrives to make
comparison between their priorities (in specific manner) to specify the
task should work.
I ask about things in Litmus, if you do not mind:
1- if I want to specify the task which has arrived, is there a function
that can do that in litmus? I found a function called
"edf_job_arrival(struct task_struct* task)" in sched-gsn-edf.c and I tried
to use it but with no benefit, so I'm not sure if it can serve me in my
objective.
2- if I want to specify the task executed now, how to do that too? I
searched for and I found "is_current_running" function but the same as
above.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.
Marouf Ghazal