[LITMUS^RT] LLF policy and litmus_clock() function

Joshua Bakita jbakita at cs.unc.edu
Tue Sep 29 20:22:12 CEST 2020

Hello Marov,

You'll probably want to use the exec_time property of rt_job to replace i
in your formula. You can access that property most easily with the
get_exec_time() macro from litmus.h.

Otherwise, please be aware that the "time unit" (quantum) that you'll be
using is 1ms at best (if you set CONFIG_HZ to 1000 - its fastest setting).
If you need higher granularity, you'll have to set up your own hrtimer (see
sched_pfair.c).

Also note that litmus_clock() is simply defined as ktime_to_ns(ktime_get())
and thus will increment at a much higher rate than you'll be scheduling at.

Best,

Joshua Bakita