[LITMUS^RT] Not able to boot the litmus kernel in my system after compiling and building the kernel

Joshua Bakita jbakita at cs.unc.edu
Sun Nov 14 20:51:56 CET 2021

Hello Rohit,

This appears to be an issue related to the vanilla Linux parts of the
kernel, as the LITMUS-RT changes don't take effect until much later in the
boot process. I've never seen this error before, but I'd guess that it
might be related to trying to run the kernel on hardware newer than that
supported by 4.9. You might have better luck trying with the 5.4-based
LITMUS-RT release candidate:
https://lists.litmus-rt.org/pipermail/litmus-dev/2021/001717.html.

Best,

--
Joshua Bakita | Real-Time Systems | UNC Chapel Hill
GPSG Senator for Computer Science | CSSA President