[LITMUS^RT] Github Organization

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Tue Jul 17 10:09:39 CEST 2012

On Jul 17, 2012, at 9:05 AM, Christopher Kenna wrote:

> However, Github recently added support for "organizations," which is
> exactly what LITMUS^RT is (an international organization, even :).
>
> In order to secure our organization name, I took the liberty of
> registering us and adding some of our repositories to it [1]. The
> repositories are also public this time. I think part of the reason no
> one used the other "collaboration" repository is because it was set up
> as a private repository.
>
> […] Hope this is helpful.

Thanks a lot! I think is will be very useful. It provides an alternative to using prop/ branches in the main repo.

Nonetheless,  I would like to stick to the prop/ naming scheme for proposed change sets, even in the GitHub repo. It makes it clear what is "still being worked on" (wip- branches) and what is considered ready for merging by the authors.