[LITMUS^RT] prop/edf-early-release

Glenn Elliott gelliott at cs.unc.edu
Wed Mar 6 02:41:37 CET 2013

Hi All,

I've run into a number of applications where early job releasing would be useful.  Specifically, this is in the context of interrupt handling threads, non-root PGM graph nodes, and bandwidth servers.  Tasks must be explicitly configured for early releasing: prop/edf-early-release adds a new field to the task params.  Note that early releasing is only supported by EDF.

The patch is simple and unobtrusive, but I understand if this isn't desired for mainline.  I've posted the patch to github.