[LITMUS^RT] Installing liblitmus

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Tue Jan 7 08:39:51 CET 2014

On 06 Jan 2014, at 22:52, Shrinivas Anand Panchamukhi <spancha at ncsu.edu> wrote:

> I was following the wiki to install liblitmus on my machine (I have litmus^ rt configured and running). When I hit make, the build fails due to the following warnings.
>
> src/migration.c: In function 'be_migrate_thread_to_cpu':
> src/migration.c:76: warning: implicit declaration of function 'CPU_ALLOC'
> src/migration.c:76: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
> src/migration.c:77: warning: implicit declaration of function 'CPU_ALLOC_SIZE'
> src/migration.c:78: warning: implicit declaration of function 'CPU_ZERO_S'
> src/migration.c:79: warning: implicit declaration of function 'CPU_SET_S'
> src/migration.c:87: warning: implicit declaration of function 'CPU_FREE'
> src/migration.c: In function '__be_migrate_thread_to_cluster':
> src/migration.c:122: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast
>
> Can someone please help me out? I have tried compiling this on Litmus^rt and on CentOs (kernel 2.6.32.27) running on x86_64. I have made sure that the .config file has the right path for the litmus ^ rt source.

Hi Shrinivas,

welcome to the LITMUS^RT ML. This is not a case of missing LITMUS^RT headers. I think your build setup is somehow missing definitions from sched.h.

Have you googled the problem? This hit seems applicable.

	http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8518264/where-is-the-declaration-of-cpu-alloc

The poster runs RHEL, which uses the same software as CentOS, so maybe it’s a peculiarity of their headers. I haven’t seen this problem in other distros, but I’d be happy to merge a patch that resolves the problem on CentOS.