[LITMUS^RT] Questions about the compile and installation in LITMUSrt?

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Tue Apr 28 07:35:17 CEST 2015

> On 27 Apr 2015, at 10:43, yuanbin zhou <hduffddybz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi! I am a graduate student from China. What my master project concentrate on the real time system.Recently I read the paper "Is semi-partitioned scheduling practical",and I want to do some experiments about it.
> So I follow the guide in the wiki,but I get some troubles in the kernel building although I have some experience in it, and it is still unsettled.
>
> What the source code I am using is kernel-3.10.41 and lintmus-rt-2014.2.patch.

Try using the git version.

> What the platform I am using is vmware workstation + Debian 7.4.
>
> 1)  I cannot find the configuration which should do in the kernel building such as in-kernel preemptions, frequency scaling and so on.

What do you exactly mean by that? These kernel options are not specific to LITMUS^RT, so even in an unmatched kernel you should be able to find them.

> 2) I also cannot find  litmus-rt specific configuration.

Where are you looking for it?

> Another question is that when the building process done well, this system should be ran in the qemu?

Qemu is only fine for initial development and debugging. It is not a valid experimental platform. For instance, it does not provide realistic timing behavior.

I think that’s a UNC-internal mailing list not open to the public.

Best regards,