[LITMUS^RT] Trouble compiling Litmus-RT Userspace library

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Wed May 3 15:02:02 CEST 2017

Dear Monowar,

> On 2. May 2017, at 22:51, Hasan, Monowar <mhasan11 at illinois.edu> wrote:
>
> We the student from University of Illinois, USA would like to use Litmus-RT for one of our research projects.
>
> I was trying to compile Litmus-RT kernel for a X86 host using the instructions presented here:
> https://wiki.litmus-rt.org/litmus/InstallationInstructions
>
> The Litmus kernel compiles fine as expected. However, when I was trying to compile userspace library I got the following error:
>
> <builtin>: recipe for target 'runner.o' failed
> make: *** [runner.o] Error 1
>
> The screenshot of the error is attached.
>
> I am compiling in Ubuntu 16.04 server (running kernel 4.4.0-62 and gcc 5.4.0).
>
> Any thoughts to resolve the problem?

thanks for your interest in LITMUS^RT. I’ve never seen this fail before. For some reason it didn’t pick up the header that defines ’struct testcase'? Weird. Were there any other errors? Have you tried with the latest version of the master branch? Does the problem persist?

- Björn

PS: Please subscribe to the mailing list before posting to make sure you get all answers.