[LITMUS^RT] Installing LITMUS RT on Odroid XU4

Björn Brandenburg bbb at mpi-sws.org
Fri Feb 1 14:44:15 CET 2019

Dear Sobhan,

> On 1. Feb 2019, at 14:38, sobhan niknam <sobhan.niknam at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I followed this instruction step by step to install LITMUS RT on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS on Odroid XU4 platform.

Those instructions assume an x86 platform.

> However, my linux doesn’t have grub for configuring the boot loader. Instead, according to my search, the ARM-based embedded systems have u-boot.

Indeed, that’s correct.

> Can anybody tell me how I can configure the boot loader to show the LITMUS RT kernel in the boot menu?
> I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

We don’t have ready-to-go instructions for configuring uboot (feel free to contribute a guide!), this often depends very much on your specific SoC and your distro / vendor config. In the past, I’ve had luck with setting up tftp boot. My suggestion would be to google for instructions for configuring the Odroid XU4 to boot via tftp.

Regards,